How To: SSD Replacement - V3 Live Units
This outlines the process for replacing an SSD in the V3 Live Unit (also known as the head unit). If you are replacing the SSD for a V4 Live Unit, please see the step-by-step here.
- Cloth for wiping down SSD
- SSD Replacement Kit
Before operating or working with an LVT Live Unit, consult LiveView’s safety guidelines. Failure to completely understand proper safety procedures when dealing with a LiveUnit may result in improper use which increases the likelihood of accidents. To review LVT’s safety guidelines online or to print, please go here:
Note: V3 Head Units can take T5, T7, or M-Factor SSDs (see chart below).
The following is shown with a T5 SSD.
- Power head unit down.
- Unplug old SSD and gently pull it off the Velcro strip. Set it aside.
- Ensure the new SSD has the same storage size as the one being replaced.
- Wipe off new SSD to ensure strong adhesion to Velcro strip.
- Remove adhesive backing from “hook” side of Velcro adhesive strip (see below), and attach it to the new SSD.
6. Plug in new SSD; make sure plug is secure.
7. Gently attach the SSD to the “loop” Velcro strip, located either on the cradle or the top of the inside of the Live Unit.